Friday, September 3, 2010

Off the Needles: Pebble

This literally took me two evenings to make. Complete instant gratification. I mean, look how cute it is! How could I not feel gratified! Baby knitting + Sense and Sensibility = obviously perfect!

Adorable, right? Right? (And, if the biased lady may say, the babe under the vest is pretty sweet too.)


The pattern is called Pebble, and can be found (for free!) here. I used Mirasol Akapana, which is soft, tweedy goodness. Seriously. So soft. The yarn is pretty inexpensive (not to mention a really lovely company), and I only used about half a ball. The buttons are from a giant jar o' buttons I scored at the antique mall (I am loving the mismatched-button look lately).


Oh, this baby. My own personal bundle of squishy wool. Love doesn't begin to describe it.

xo

8 comments:

Kristy said...

What a sweet sweet little fella!

Kristy said...

Umm hold up... antique MALL? Seriously.. why don't we have one of those here...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip on the Lavender. I'm going to Planet Organic this week so I'll look for some there.

I usually go to the Beaumont Farmers Market. Its small and doesn't have a lot of venders but the ones that are there have some really nice produce.

Love the Pebble! I finally checked out a couple of knitting books from the library so I'm hoping to start in a couple of weeks once we get into a new routine with school and stuff.

Nell said...

As a newbie knitter his woolly outfits are inspiring me. Those buttons are just to darn cute. How precious is he! x

Ella said...

first of all Squish! what a cutie.
i've got that pebble vest on my list but i'm waiting to get back into knitting. i'm pretty sure i've messed up my current project so i'm feeling discouraged. yours looks awesome! G is a great model.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute vest and I'm itching to make one. I just donated most of my buttons to the thrift store though, thinking that I would never find a project for mismatched buttons. Ugh.

Jodi said...

my mum is going to knit a few of these for my new babe. Looks gorgeous on G

Jo Windmill said...

oh lovely lovely lovely!
baby and knits and pics.